Low Fat/ Gluten free Butternut Squash Soup...DELISH!2:04 PM
2 bags of frozen butternut squash
2 cups of organic chicken broth
2T of butter
1/4 cup of organic non fat milk
1/2 of a yellow onion
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 t of garlic
1/2 t of salt
1/2 t of pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 t of nutmeg
- This recipe is ridiculously easy and delicious!!
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Roughly chop all of your veggies. (You'll be blending them up later) Onion, pepper and squash.
- Add them to the pot with all of your spices.
TIP:Save the salt to the end after you do a taste test. Chicken stalk is naturally pretty salty and you might not need very much salt.
- As soon as your veggies cook down and become translucent go ahead and add the garlic and chicken stock.
- Continue to cook until soup comes to boil. Then you will let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer everything into your blender.
- Blend until nice and smooth.
- Now go ahead and do a taste and add salt if necessary. And thats it!! So easy and so so yummy! ENJOY!